Princess Poppy's Guide to a Positive Mind
If you haven’t seen the 2016 movie-Trolls then you’ve missed quite a lot. If you have by the way, then you will have no problem understanding what I’m about to say.
For those that haven’t watched Trolls, it’s a 3D cartoon about small happy creatures called Trolls, and the happiest of all the Trolls is Princess Poppy, a pink-haired troll with hair as elastic as gum.
I think I’ve seen the movie over a hundred times and when I think back to it, I remember how positive and reassuring Poppy was with her high-pitched voice and her wonderful singing. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not asking you to sing all the time or have pink hair. All I want us to pinpoint are the guides to a positive mind.
1. Smile: Just one smile can do as much as brightening up your day even if it’s not as wide as the way Tom smiles in Tom and Jerry. Smiling doesn’t just make you attractive; it also relieves stress and elevates your mood.
Smiling is also contagious so if you smile, you get another person to smile, and it spreads round like a sweet smelling aroma.
Take Action: Try to look for the funny side to every situation and learn to smile in the face of danger and frustration.
2. Focus on your dream and how to achieve it: What many people do not know is that if you want to be positive, you have to think about what you want and how you can get it.
Princess Poppy had a goal, to get her friends back home. All she could visualize was success in her goal, she rarely thought of the disadvantages or the problems and that was why she was able to maintain a positive attitude.
Brian Tracy said that unsuccessful people think about what they don’t want, blame others and think of what they can’t change. When you channel yourself to the negative side of life, then your life will automatically be a reflection of it. A typical example is Branch in Trolls.
Take Action: Focus on what you wish to achieve and how you can achieve it and you’ll open the doors for positivity to come in. Try to avoid blaming people and the society for what you’re going through and try to focus on what you can do to achieve your goal.
3. Celebrate your victories, no matter how little they may be: With every little victory Princess Poppy had, she made sure to celebrate with a song. That tells a lot about the need to appreciate ourselves for our successes, even if it’s just a 5-second happy dance.
Take Action: Celebrate reading a book to the end, celebrate completing a full workout schedule, you don’t need to wait for something really big like winning a lottery or promotion at work. No victory is too little to be celebrated.
4. Accept imperfection, whether it’s from you or people around you: When you can truly accept that you can’t be perfect and you can’t always have it all, then you will be able to have a positive mind, even when you fail.
Take Action: Do not try to be perfect or someone you’re not. Remember that you’re the best possible version of yourself, live it, flaunt it, and accept it because no one can take it away from you.
5. Give: Be generous with your friendship, time and love. Those who give have a sense of selflessness and tend to be more positive. An example is no other than our case study, Princess Poppy who was always willing to lend a helping hand to her friends.
Take Action: Giving unlocks the warmth in our hearts. Give and do not expect anything in return.
6. Spread your positivity to the world: Poppy was so positive that when she was sad, the whole village became sad as well. That was how much of a beacon she was.
Take Action: Don’t stop at making yourself happy, make a friend happy, spread that positivity to the world and I assure you that you’ll be sought more than gold.
Here are some health benefits of positive thinking:
· It increases your longevity
· It lowers the rate of depression
· It results in stronger relationships
· It helps reduce stress
Princess Poppy has been a great inspiration to me, for those who haven’t seen the movie Troll, click on the link
If you feel that a few more tips should be added, then feel free to comment below.